White Bean Macaroons??? I’m all about finding new ways to make tasty treats!!! And this way is definitely new.
This is my original recipe for White Bean Macaroons – the combination of protein and fat with little sugar means this delicious treat won’t make your blood sugar go on a rollercoaster ride. Even better, they’re really easy. You’ll need a blender or food processor to make the puree.
My one recipe made 22 cookies, clocking in at ~100 calories each with 3.5 grams of protein and less than 1 g of sugar per cookie. I tend to be inconsistent with the size and number of cookies per batch, so know that an entire batch of batter measures at 2,250 calories and 70 g of protein – get an accurate measure of your own batch by dividing these measurements by the number of cookies you make.
I’d love these to have more protein, so I’m going to try adding my favorite unsweetened Sun Warrior Natural Protein powder next time!
White Bean Macaroons
- 3 cups white beans, pureed
- ¼ cup honey (I don't make mine very sweet - just enough to be enjoyable - so I used a little less - use more if you like it sweet)
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon stevia
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 5 oz package of unsweetened flake coconut (shredded coconut)/approximately 2 cups
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend/process the white beans, honey, stevia, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Transfer from the blending container into a bowl. Add the package of unsweetened flake coconut and mix.
- Oil a baking pan or use parchment paper.
- Use your hands or a spoon to form balls, making each the size of a flat golf ball.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until the top of the macaroon is golden brown. If they fall apart then they're undercooked.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
The whole recipe makes 2,000 calories and 53 g of protein – I made 22 cookies with mine, which puts them at 90 calories each with 2.5 grams of protein and less than 1 gram of sugar each.
White Bean Macaroons – Gluten Free & Flourless – Total Lifestyle Management
Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.
Rate this recipe: