One of my favorite warm, hearty meals for winter time is a lean Turkey Chili recipe that I got years ago from Patty, a personal trainer and manager at Equinox Fitness. Her turkey chili recipe was famous far and wide for it’s health AND flavor. My big secret is it’s also good cold, making it a great dish for summer time.
People with limited grocery shopping options will prefer to stick to the traditional lean ground turkey. Personally, I prefer free range and wild caught meats like venison, ostrich and buffalo. They are naturally lower in fat and are higher quality meats. My favorite hot sauce is Tapatio, with Valentina being a close second.
- - 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- - 1 Cup Chopped Sweet Onions
- - 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- - ¼ Cup Chopped Yellow Bell Peppers
- - 1 Pound Lean Ground Turkey
- - 1 (28-ounce) can crushed organic tomatoes, undrained
- - 1 (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- - 1 tablespoon chili powder
- - 1 tablespoon sugar
- - 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- - ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- - 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- - 1.5 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- - 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- - ½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- In a large skillet, saute onions, garlic and bell peppers in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.
Rate this recipe: