May 25, 2017 | Posted in:Easy Dinners
I love gnocchi and salmon. Together, they just about send me into nirvana. I don’t eat a ton of pasta these days – we’re not gluten free, but we are a LOW gluten family that tends to lean toward whole, unpackaged foods with moderate cheats — so when I do eat it I insist that it’s the good stuff. After an epic trip to Italy a few years ago (plus my hubby’s family is super Italian), we have pretty high standards.
Pasta isn’t inherently bad, if it’s not loaded with chemicals and preservatives. The biggest issue is striking the right portion size and balancing it with your protein and veggies. That’s why this recipe is mostly protein and veggies with a little pasta on the side. Traditionally, most people would have a ton of pasta with very little of the “other stuff.”
This recipe is super, super, super easy. I have kids. I don’t have time for fancy. The gnocchi is authentic Italian, but it’s the store-bought kind that you can cook in 2 minutes. It’s not a one-pan meal, but it’s still pretty easy to clean up after!
Gnocchi and Salmon
- 1.5 lbs salmon filet (in one piece)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 + lbs broccoli, chopped.
- 2 cups spinach
- 16 oz reall Italian gnocchi
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, preferably grass fed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place whole salmon filet on a greased baking pan. Douse with lemon juice.
- Place broccoli on a greased baking sheet. Spray with spray avocado oil.
- Put the broccoli in the oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes (take it out before it loses too much green color).
- After about 5 minutes, put the salmon in the oven with the broccoli. Let it roast for 12 to 15 minutes.
- While the broccoli and salmon cook, bring a pot of water to boil for the gnocchi. Cook according to the manufacturer's instructions. Drain.
- In the same pan you used for the gnocchi, melted butter and add spinach. Allow the spinach to sauté until wilted.
- Mix gnocchi back into the pan with the spinach and the butter.
- Arrange all the items on a platter, with the salmon in the center and the gnocchi and vegetable son the outside.
Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.
Rate this recipe: