This is my twist on broccoli puree with fresh mint, inspired by french chef Patricia Well.
As I gear up for my next NPC Bikini competition, I have a lot of broccoli on my plan. A LOT of broccoli. It’s a very light, nutrient-dense vegetable that’s perfect for nourishing the body while cutting calories and leaning out. Luckily, I love broccoli. However, I may not love it at the end of this prep if I can’t find other ways to prepare it – especially since my favorite way of preparing it uses oil, which is not available to me right now.
For me, it’s imperative to keep food boredom at bay when you’re cutting calories. I don’t coach contest preparation, so I am fortunate that I can make sure my clients have a lot of variety in their food – a luxury I don’t have right now. This recipe is certainly helping to make my “cut” easier.
Broccoli Puree With Fresh Mint
Now listen up – I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that this does not sound good. Mint? Broccoli? Together?? What? Give it a chance. There’s something truly enjoyable about it. Both broccoli and mint have earthy, rich flavors. Together, they create a nice combination. I like it so much, I’m even considering making this into a soup! Give it a chance and let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs broccoli, trimmed of leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves with stems
- Sea salt
- Steaming Rack or Basket
- Food processor or blender.
- Steam the broccoli via your method of choice - I prefer using a steaming rack or basket. Place the rack over simmering water, cover the pot and cook for about 7-10 minutes. Don't let the broccoli get grey - it should still be green and a little crisp.
- Transfer the broccoli to a food processor.
- Add the mint and salt.
- Puree until smooth. Experiment with the texture - you might prefer it on the coarse side or completely smooth.
Broccoli Puree With Fresh Mint – Broccoli Recipes – Adapted from “Vegetable Harvest” by Patricia Well
Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.
Rate this recipe: